I just returned from beautiful Palm Springs, where I participated in the annual TEDMED conference. This year’s theme was “Chaos + Clarity” - and if you know me you know that is the perfect fit! I had SUCH a good time. I was so inspired by the people there, and I was thrilled to be able to talk about writing with a number of interesting folks and also to read some of my creative work on the TEDMED stage (I’ll share a link when I have one).
I’ve also got some new/recent publication news:
1) “A Feast for Clowns,” a collaboration between my brother Casey and I, has gone live in one of my very favorite journals, DREGINALD: http://dreginald.com/index.php/issues/issue-fifteen/mcclelland
2) My essay “God Eats His Mistakes” is going to be released as part of Entropy’s WOVEN series this coming Wednesday (November 21st). I’ll put a link up then.
3) My story “Forest Mirror” is going to be in NonBinary Review’s 19th issue, which is based around Dante’s The Inferno.
4) The story I presented at TEDMED (which is titled “The Flotilla at Bird Island” will be released this coming spring as part of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s fiction anthology Take Us to a Better Place. I cannot wait to get my hands on this anthology - it should be so cool!!!!
5) My story “The Boo Hag” was named a semifinalist in the 2019 Saints and Sinners Fiction Contest. This is such a thrill, because some of my favorite writers are also on the list and I’m a HUGE fan of the annual Saints + Sinners Festival!
Thanks so much for reading! <3